I came and wrote a review earlier denying this was Clapton wire. I promise I'm not a Clapton denier. Me so dumb. I was thinking of fused Clapton.
Great wire. Got it free. Thanks!!
Works like a charm. Rocking a dual coil with this wire, five wraps each at .4 ohms, produces great flavor and a dense, warm vape.
For the price and how well it soaks juice a great all around purchase. One con I’m a heavy vapor and my profile is cereal and bakeries. My profile I know are coil killers so change coils every 7-10 days
The wire performs well, it's just that there's so little on the roll and there's no "safety" device to prevent it from all springing out when using it. Most wire will have a clip around the spool to prevent this. There's not even holes in the spool flanges to stick the end back into to prevent this. Really poor design!
So after using standard straight Kanthal A1 26 GA I have noticed the following differences
I use the following configuration
- Tesla Nano 100W TC // 4500 mAh // 57W // 550F
- Mutation X V5 // Post-less deck only // Single Coil
- 6 Wrap // #35 Jig // 1.1 Ohm resistance
- Cottton Bacon wick
1. The Clapton Kanthal A1 26/32 GA wire wicks juice on it's own which is a neat feature which also draws the juice out of the wicking material making the overall efficiency of the coil on a single coil setup much better; whereas on the straight Kanthal this is not present.
2. With my particular 1.1 Ohm setup the coils heat up slower and hold their heat a little longer which causes the vapor on the coil to keep producing a little bit after the trigger release; on the straight Kanthal I can get the resistance lower on the same setup the wire heats up more quickly and cools more quickly, I don't get post trigger vapor production in this setup.
- To note this is caused by my setup other designs will vary the result of this.
I would also like to note that creating a dense coil setup requires a little bit more finesse and adjustments with the Clapton Kanthal wire to get an even heat up on the coil, I feel the result of this wire out performs the straight wire by a large margin.
Absolutely happy with this purchase.
Also last thing; the customer service in general from Direct Vapor is fantastic. If you have any issues with an order I can say with absolute confidence that they will help you out.
the picture makes the roll make it look like its a lot more then you're actually getting, but it's still great wire. The coils soak up juice when they're not even wicked yet. Really good for flavor and clouds for days. Highly recommend for the price.
Are you 18 or older & of the legal smoking age in your state?
It's easy, select Autoship at checkout! No coupons necessary!
See product details for Authenticity Certificate
While clones often promise a hot thrill for a fraction of the cost, we are very much about carrying products that meet a certain standard and level of excellence. DIRECTVAPOR does its very best to avoid clones and to give you the most authentic products out there! We believe in maintaining our reputation for quality by carrying what we feel are the very pinnacle brand names in this market, and we prefer to keep you coming back for great quality and top of the line gear. Shop with confidence knowing that we will never sell you a clone and represent it as an original.