For anyone making their first steps into the world of vaping, choosing the right e-cig is step number one. Easy to use, affordable, and available in a wide range of options, there are plenty of good reasons that e-cigs have become so popular. And for many vapers, collecting new devices is half the fun.
Maybe you’re making the switch to e-cig vapes, or you’re just interested in trying something new. Whatever the case, this guide makes it simple to find the best e-cigarettes to fit your vape style.
Tips for Finding the Best E-Cig for You
At first glance, the vast selection of e-cig devices can be overwhelming. There are dozens of brands and device styles to sort through, and that’s before you even get to e-juice flavors and nicotine levels. But with a few handy tips – and a solid lineup of quality products – you can set yourself up for e-cig success.
Shopping for an Electronic Cigarette
Decide which style of e-cigarette is right for you
Many new vapers are surprised to learn just how many types of e-cigs there are. You have no shortage of options to consider, from the mini, cig-a-like models to the larger, feature-packed mods. Finding the ideal match means considering several factors, including your experience level, desired experience, budget, and more.
- Mini or cig-a-like models have both an appearance and functionality that resemble traditional cigarettes. They are compact, lightweight, and very user-friendly and are often the first choice for new vapers.
- Mid-size vapes, such as vape pens, are closer in size to a cigar. They typically have a longer life than the ultra-basic minis and produce more vapor.
- Vape mods, or advanced personal vaporizers, are generally designed for seasoned vapers. This type of device creates significantly more vapor than smaller styles and offers a higher level of customization with settings such as adjustable airflow, temperature, and more.
Choose an e-cig starter kit
Vape starter kits are almost always the best choice for anyone searching for a new device. These kits come with all the parts you’ll need to get started, so there’s no hunting for compatible tanks, coils, and the like. Plus, there are vape kits from just about every brand out there, featuring excellent devices to suit anyone from beginners to experts.
Some things to keep in mind when you’re searching for a vape starter kit:
- Decide whether you prefer a pre-filled or refillable cartomizer/tank kit. Pre-filled options come in various shapes and sizes and can be thrown out after they run out of e-juice. On the other hand, you can fill refillable styles with your choice of e-liquid.
- Consider how much to spend on vape devices, accessories, and e-liquids – and know that you don’t have to sacrifice your budget for the sake of quality, either. Vape starter kit prices can range from $15 to $40 or more, so it’s possible to get an excellent device for a fair price.
- Think about how much vapor production you will want: beginners are usually satisfied with a relatively low level of vapor, whereas those with more experience often find that higher vapor production meets their needs.
- Battery life should also factor into your decision, especially if you need extended power to fuel frequent vape sessions.
Research the retailer, manufacturer warranty, and return policy
The last thing you want is to invest in a vape kit, realize it’s either defective or poorly suited to your needs, and have no options for getting a refund. You should be able to easily find details about manufacturer warranties when you’re shopping at a reputable retailer.
For example, DirectVapor maintains a 60-day manufacturing warranty and a 15-day return policy. It might seem like choosing the cheapest product, and vape shop is a good idea, but you can easily fall victim to knockoff/clone products and shady business practices.
Take advantage of the information in user reviews
When you require honest feedback and opinions, user reviews are one of your best sources. Your fellow vapers can offer a hugely helpful perspective on the pros and cons of different devices.
Be aware that a single user’s star rating isn’t necessarily the be-all and end-all of information about a given vape. However, it can be an excellent place to glean specific details informing your decision.
Choosing the Right Components and Accessories
Learn what you need and how often you’ll need it
Once you’ve decided on your new e-cig device, your work isn’t entirely done. Now, you need to be prepared with the proper components and accessories. If you’ve chosen a vape starter kit, you’re already one step ahead – because your kit will come with all the required components.
Otherwise, you’ll need to figure out what vape parts you need to pair with your new device.
Eventually, regardless of what setup you start with, you will need to replace certain parts to maintain quality performance. The exact components will depend on your device. Coils, mouthpieces, tanks, and batteries are all components you may be able (and might even need) to swap out.
Think of accessories as an opportunity to perfect your vape experience
One of the most significant benefits of using an e-cig is the ability to tailor your device according to your personal preferences. At first, you might not be sure which accessories are the right fit. But as time goes on, you’ll get a better idea of what you enjoy – and you’ll be able to take advantage of accessory options to switch up your experience.
Figuring Out Nicotine Levels and Flavors
Know how much nicotine is best for you
There is an entire spectrum of nicotine levels available, and you’ll want to select an option that aligns with your experience and goals:
- 0% nicotine products contain no nicotine.
- 6mg/ml – 0.6% is a low nicotine level suited for those looking for a light feel..
- 12mg/ml – 1.2% is ideal for individuals who enjoy nicotine moderately.
- 18mg/ml – 1.8% is usually a good option for average users.
- 24mg/ml – 2.4% may assist with making the switch by providing more nicotine.
- 36mg/ml – 3.6% is suited for heavy and very experienced nicotine users
- 50mg/ml – 5.0% is most often encountered in disposable devices and low-output vape systems.
Depending on what you hope to achieve with vaping, you can slowly decrease your nicotine levels if desired.
Have fun picking e-juice flavors
Finally, one of the most enjoyable aspects of shopping for e-cigs is exploring all the flavor possibilities. Your options are limitless, from traditional tobacco and menthol to flavors inspired by fruit, desserts, and even adult beverages.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with unique flavors and different brands to discover unexpected favorites.
Shop the Top E-Cigarette Brand Names from DirectVapor
Choosing the best e-cigarette to suit your wants and needs is a surefire way to make the most of your vape experience – and so is shopping for top-quality products from an online retailer you can trust.
DirectVapor is the internet’s most trusted source for e-cigs for sale online, raising the bar for quality, authenticity, and customer satisfaction. We’ve stocked our virtual shelves with the best electronic cigarette models in the industry, making it easy to explore a variety of brands, styles, and price points. And if you aren’t quite sure what you want, our experienced team is always here to help.
Find your perfect e-cig match when you check out our vast selection today!
Photo Credit: Oleg GawriloFF