Updated October 29, 2018
Drip vaping is a skill that many vapers seek to master. Dripping can provide an enhanced vapor flavor as well as give the nicotine a stronger kick when it hits. Many vapers love the added control of drip vaping when compared to vaping with a full tank.
Before dripping for the first time, read through this guide on how to drip safely for some useful tips and safety measures.
How to Properly Drip Vape – Step by Step Instructions
The act of dripping itself is fairly simple. Here is how to get started:
- Open your drip tip and locate the coils.
- Take your dropper and place three or four small drops of liquid on the coil. Remember, if you drip too much juice it will flood the coil, which will result in “spit back.” Be careful to keep your hand steady as you place each drop to avoid spilling or missing the coil.
- Once you’re done placing e-liquid on the coil, simply push your drip tip back into place and take a hit. You will be rewarded with a voluminous cloud full of flavor.
- Take another hit or two. Then, start the process all over again.
Each time you drip new liquid onto your coils you will only have enough juice to take a couple hits. This makes the process a little too labor intensive for most people.
What Not To Do When Drip Vaping
Here are some important things you should not do when dripping to be safe.
- First and foremost, do not try to stretch your e-liquid further than it will go. At the first signs of a dry hit, stop vaping and add more liquid. Again, without a tank and wick full of liquid to vaporize, it is very easy for a drip vaporizer to run dry and overheat. At first, the only inconvenience may be a nasty flavor. But, repeatedly pushing your device in this manner could result in a dangerous meltdown.
- Second, take care not to overfill your drip atomizer. Overfilling your drip atomizer can cause the coil to produce hot droplets that can fly up into your mouth. Not only does this taste bad, but it can burn you.
- Finally, try your hardest not to “kiss the red dragon.” This is a phrase used to describe what happens if you absentmindedly forget to put your drip tip mouthpiece back in place and put the exposed coil up to your lips. You will pay dearly for this experience. While most new vapers are focused on learning to vape properly, this is the kind of thing that happens to vapers who are comfortable with dripping and do things out of habit. It is simply a mishap due to lack of attention. So, respect the power of your vape.
What Are the Benefits of Drip Vaping?
Dripping is a special form of vaping that produces stronger flavors and nicotine responses. Many people choose to drip vape because it brings out a little bit of extra warmth in their e-liquids. There are others who prefer dripping because they are able to closely monitor the amount of e-liquid they are using.
If you have an e-liquid that doesn’t taste quite right in your tank, some vapers will advise you to test it out in a drip atomizer and see if it’s closer to what you were expecting. Your results may vary, but it’s a common practice.
Dripping also happens to be easier if you’re one of those people constantly switching out e-liquids from one moment to the next. You won’t have to waste any liquid or buy extra tanks because you can easily switch flavors in seconds.
What Equipment is Needed to Drip Vape?
In order to successfully drip, you need to invest in the right kind of gear. While it is possible to drip with some regular vaporizer devices, it is not generally recommended. Those devices are typically designed to be used with a full tank of e-liquid, and dripping with the device instead may cause it to burn unevenly or overheat.
Your best bet is to purchase a drip atomizer that is made specifically for this purpose. These devices are usually easy to pop open, so you can drip liquid into them without making a mess. They also have tiny juice wells near the coil to ensure the liquid doesn’t go far. Plus, drip atomizers tend to have specialized airflow ports that enhance the efficiency of the draw and provide a fuller vaping experience.
There are many reasons why drip vaping is advantageous for vapers who are ready to graduate from cartridge-style vapes. The enhanced flavor and nicotine hit can make the experience more enjoyable, just remember dripping requires extra time and attention if you want to do it successfully.
If you’re looking for drip gear, DIRECTVAPOR has e-liquids and premium dripping devices available with our Low Price Guarantee and free shipping every day of the year!