Whether you are a new or an experienced vaper, odds are you’ve heard about high voltage vaping, generally referred to as sub ohm vaping. Using this method allows you to increase the specific power output of any number of fixed voltage devices, such as mechanical vape mods.
Another option is to utilize a non-regulated device to allow you to tweak the power level that way. Whichever route you choose, the intended result is a device that has atomizer coils with a resistance of less than one ohm – hence the nickname, “sub ohm.”
Doing the Research
There is a certain amount of debate within the vaping community regarding high voltage vape mods, for a number of different reasons. Some people argue that altering the voltage and resistance is akin to playing with fire, while others simple stress the importance of having the experience to properly tackle the task. Ultimately, educating yourself about sub-ohm vaping will enable you to decide if you’re interested in trying it for yourself – many people agree that it opens up an entirely new vaping experience.
Because you are using a higher power level with high voltage vapes, your device will produce a hotter vapor, requiring less draw on your part for equivalent vapor volume. Another benefit is the fact that some e-juices have a stronger flavor at a higher power (while some are more flavorful at a lower power level). Many vapers say that they have favorite levels for each flavor of vape juice, having found the veritable “sweet spot” of that particular e-liquid.
Try for Yourself
If you are interested in experimenting with sub-ohm vaping, it’s worth taking a little time to learn about how to do it correctly. After that, you will be ready to pick up your own high voltage vape – but that’s not necessarily as simple as just picking the first one you find online.
At DIRECTVAPOR, it is important to us that our customers can choose a high-quality product that fits their needs, especially when they are looking to get started with sub ohm vaping. That means that we take our role as an educator in the industry very seriously, and want to help you arm yourself with the knowledge you need to make an informed purchase.
To help you get started, here are our top 5 tips for purchasing a high voltage vape of your own:
- Always keep battery safety a top priority. When you choose to sub ohm vape, your batteries are one of the most critical components of your set-up. You cannot use just any battery to high voltage vape – this can be a serious safety risk. It is crucial that you use a specifically designed sub ohm battery, one that is from a reputable brand known for producing only authentic batteries. These batteries are designed with a specific chemistry that allows the battery to vent any gases in the event of failure, lowering your risk of explosion or fire.
- Cheaper is not always better. This goes for just about anything you purchase in your lifetime, but especially applies to vaping devices. When you are a high voltage vaper, you want to be sure you are using safe products. Going with cheap high voltage vapes could result in a less than desirable result, or worse, a dangerous incident. So, find a happy medium between value and quality.
- Consider purchasing a high voltage starter kit. A starter kit can set you up with everything you need to get going, without you having to take the time to select individual components. Especially when you are newer to sub ohm vaping, a kit can make sure you start on the right foot. After you gain some experience, you can experiment with mixing and matching components.
- Search for resources on sub ohm vaping, or connect with other vapers to get their perspectives. You wouldn’t go buy a new vehicle without learn about the available options, would you? The same is true for purchasing a high voltage vape mod. Take a bit of time to learn about the options that are available to you, and which ones have features that interest you the most. Talk to any friends you have that have gone the high voltage route, or connect with a few people through one of the many online vaping forums. Gathering their opinions can be helpful in choosing a device.
- Don’t hesitate to ask a professional’s opinion. The staff of any quality vaping company should be more than happy to answer any questions you have, and they often possess a wealth of knowledge that you should absolutely take advantage of. The DIRECTVAPOR team is here to help you figure out high voltage vaping, and we can guide you in selecting a product for you.
Shop with Us!
To get started with high voltage vaping, browse the DIRECTVAPOR selection of products, and don’t forget to sign up for money-saving deals. DIRECTVAPOR has the lowest price guarantee and will match any other retailer’s price, plus we offer a 60-day manufacturer warranty and a 15-day return policy.
So, what are you waiting for? Start shopping today!
Photo By golubovystock on Shutterstock